Discovering Abilities is a growing private therapy practice that provides occupational therapy services primarily to children between the ages of 0-18 years.
Our Occupational Therapists are known to be highly skilled and knowledgeable, providing the highest quality of service. Our Occupational Therapists provide services including assessment, consultation, and treatment for children with a range of disabilities, in collaboration with families and community partners in a variety of settings including homes and schools.
We are currently looking for experienced occupational therapists to join our team. Please refer to details below.
Occupational Therapist (Casual), Greater Toronto Area (Contract Positions Available)
Qualifications and Experience
• Graduate of an accredited Canadian Occupational Therapy Program and / or successful completion of Canadian O.T. certification exam
• Licensed to practice under the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Member of Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists or Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists with liability insurance
• Minimum one (1) year experience (non-student) providing occupational therapy services to children in a community-based setting.
• Experience/Specialization in Sensory Integration and in working with children in the areas of fine/gross motor development and sensory processing
• Experience working with the Handwriting Without Tears program
• Possess own vehicle and willing to travel within the GTA
• ADP Authorization Status an asset
• Work with clients and their families to set OT goals which are occupation focused and outcome based
• Provide direct service, consultation and education to client, family and community providers with a focus on maximizing a child’s function in the areas of self-care, productivity and leisure
• Utilize research to establish and support evidence-based practice
• Provision of in-school consultations to parents and/or teachers when needed
• This is a casual position and is ideal for someone who already has full time or part time employment and would like to supplement their current employment
• Flexible work schedules available with additional options of completing the administrative part of the work (e.g. report writing etc.) from a home office
• Primarily after-school and weekend appointments
Interested applicants, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. This posting is open until filled.